Monday 8 July 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Belinda Selene and Triin Aljand.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to A View To A Kill by Duran Duran.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Explorers, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while My Mother'S Keeper by B.D. Hyman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Doris Day's Best Friends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Dungeon of Doom / The Dungeon Revealed or Ninja JaJaMaru-kun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1985!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 July 1985 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Belinda Selene: YouTube Star.
- Triin Aljand: Estonian swimmer.
- Jamie Cook: English guitarist and songwriter (Arctic Monkeys).
- 99th Wimbledon Mens Tennis: Boris Becker beats K Curren (63 67 76 64)
- Marge Schott becomes CEO of Cincinnati Red
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Survivor - The Search Is Over
- Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- 'Til Tuesday - Voices Carry
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Cyndi Lauper - The Goonies 'R' Good Enough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?