Sunday 21 July 1985
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paloma Faith and Rob Wooten.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to A View To A Kill by Duran Duran.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
European Vacation, directed by Amy Heckerling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Beyond 2000.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Field Combat or Kong Strikes Back!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1985 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Paloma Faith: British singer.
- Rob Wooten: American baseball player, he was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2008 amateur draft.
- Vanessa Lengies: Canadian actress.
- Mati Lember: Estonian footballer.
- Jéssica Sodré: Brazilian actress.
- Von Wafer: American basketball player
- Leader of the Pack closes at Ambassador Theater NYC after 120 performances
- 114th British Golf Open: Sandy Lyle shoots a 282 at Royal St. George
- Amina Fakir (Detroit), 23, crowned 18th Miss Black America
- Bernard Hinault wins his 5th and last Tour de France
- Judy Clark wins LPGA Boston Five Golf Classic
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 July 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Survivor - The Search Is Over
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?