Wednesday 10 July 1985
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 10, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mario Gómez and Emily King.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to A View To A Kill by Duran Duran.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Pee-wee's Big Adventure, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Cider House Rules by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cross Country USA or Chubby Cherub.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 July 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1985 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Mario Gómez: German footballer.
- Emily King
- Mario Gomez: German-Spanish footballer.
- DeRay Mckesson: Activist.
- B Crombeen: American ice hockey player.
- Fernando Pereira: Portuguese-Dutch photographer and victim of the Sinking of the Rainbow Warrior (Born 1950).
- Coca-Cola Co announces it will resume selling old formula Coke
- Playboy publishes full frontal nude pictures of Madonna
- Greenpeace vessel Rainbow Warrior is bombed and sunk in Auckland, New Zealand harbour by French DGSE agents, killing Fernando Pereira.
- ''Live Aid'' pop concerts in London and Philadelphia raise over £50 million for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- U.S. Vice President George H.W. Bush serves as Acting President for 8 hours, while President Ronald W. Reagan undergoes colon cancer surgery.
- The Val di Stava Dam in Italy collapses.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Survivor - The Search Is Over
- Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- 'Til Tuesday - Voices Carry
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Cyndi Lauper - The Goonies 'R' Good Enough
Top #10 R&B songs
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Rene & Angela - Save Your Love (For #1)
- Prince And The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Too Many Games
- I Wonder If I Take You Home - Lisa Lisa And Clult Jam With Full Force
- Debarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Paul Hardcastle - 19
- Cameo - Attack Me With Your Love
- Skipworth & Turner - Thinking About Your Love
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?