Saturday 20 July 1985
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Francis Daley and Harley Morenstein.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to A View To A Kill by Duran Duran.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Fright Night, directed by Tom Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Fairyland Story or The Legend of Kage.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1985 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- John Francis Daley: American actor.
- John Daley: TV Actor.
- Harley Morenstein: YouTube Star.
- Solenn Heussaff: Filipino actress singer and fashion designer.
- David Mundy: Australian rules footballer.
- Anastasia Perraki: Greek fashion model.
- Divers find wreck of Spanish galleon Atocha
- Walt Disney World welcomes its 200-millionth guest, Virgil Waytes, Jr.
- The government of Aruba passes legislation to secede from the Netherlands Antilles.
- State President of South Africa, P. W. Botha, declares a state of emergency in 36 magisterial districts of South Africa amid growing civil unrest in black townships.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Survivor - The Search Is Over
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rene & Angela - Save Your Love (For #1)
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Prince And The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Debarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Cameo - Attack Me With Your Love
- I Wonder If I Take You Home - Lisa Lisa And Clult Jam With Full Force
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Paul Hardcastle - 19
- Skipworth & Turner - Thinking About Your Love
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?