Sunday July 28, 1985
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 28, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mathieu Debuchy and Dustin Milligan.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Everytime You Go Away by Paul Young.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Real Genius, directed by Martha Coolidge, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while A Light In The Attic by Shel Silverstein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mercenary or Baraduke.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 July 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1985!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1985 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Mathieu Debuchy: French footballer.
- Dustin Milligan: Canadian actor producer and screenwriter.
- Darren Murphy: Irish footballer.
- Sharifah Sofia: English-Malaysian actress.
- Grant Williams: Actor (Shrinking Man), dies of toxic poisoning at 54.
- 13th du Maurier Golf Classic: Pat Bradley
- L Brock, Slaughter, A Vaughan, and H Wilhelm inducted into Hall of Fame
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Night Ranger - Sentimental Street
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rene & Angela - Save Your Love (For #1)
- Debarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
- Cameo - Attack Me With Your Love
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- I Wonder If I Take You Home - Lisa Lisa And Clult Jam With Full Force
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Prince And The Revolution - Raspberry Beret
- Paul Hardcastle - 19
- Luther Vandross - It's Over Now
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?