Thursday 14 May 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rüdiger Vogler and Tony Pérez.
Yankee Doodle Dandy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1942!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1942 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Rüdiger Vogler: German actor.
- Tony Pérez: Cuban-American baseball player and manager.
- Tony Perez: Cuban baseball player.
- Byron L Dorgan American politician (Representative-Democrat-North Dakota: 1981-).
- Rudiger Vogler: German actor.
- Valeriy Brumel: Russian high jumper (d. 2003).
- Gerald Mark Shapiro: Composer.
- Prentis Hancock: Scottish actor.
- Alistair McAlpine: Baron McAlpine of West Green English businessman and politician (d. 2014).
- Malise Ruthven: Irish author and academic.
- Byron Dorgan: American lawyer and politician.
- Lord McAlpine: English contractor / multi-millionaire.
- US Women's Army Auxiliary Corps (WAAC) is founded.
- Aaron Copland's ''Lincoln Portrait'' is performed for the first time by the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra.