Thursday 21 May 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 21, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Konrad and Robert C Springer in Saint Louis.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 May 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1942!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1942 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Jan Konrad
- Robert C Springer in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; Colonel US Marine Corp/astronaut (STS-29, STS-38).
- Jan Konrads: Latvian swimming champ who along with his sister Ilsa are both award winners.
- Lynn Davies: Athlete.
- David Hunt: Baron Hunt of Wirral English politician Secretary of State for Wales.
- Great-Britain convoy PQ16 departs to Russia
- WWII: Mexico declares war against Nazi Germany after the sinking of the Mexican tanker ''Faja de Oro'' by the German U-boat, U-160, off Key West.