Thursday 28 May 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Forster and Happy Pieterse.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1942 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Peter Forster: German electrical engineer and CEO of DPL, a utilities corporation.
- Happy Pieterse: South African boxer (d. 2013).
- Stanley Prusiner: American neurologist and biochemist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Jean F van Royen: German secretary PTT (Camp Amersfoort), dies.
- 1,800 Czechoslovakians murdered by Germans during attack on Reinhard Heydrich.
- World War II: in retaliation for the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich, Nazis in Czechoslovakia kill over 1,800 people.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?