Sunday 3 May 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 3, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Eisenberg and Lynn Farleigh.
The Panther's Claw, directed by William Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 May 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1942 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Ron Eisenberg: American radio talk show host until fired on 8/01/1986.
- Lynn Farleigh: Bristol, England -- Actress (Lovers of Their Time).
- Pierre Aidenbaum: French entrepreneur and politician.
- Jean Vidal: French navigator, he came in third in the 1981 transatlantic sailing race, at the helm of his 53-foot trimaran.
- CL Otter: American politician, governor of Idaho.
- Dave Marash: American journalist and sportscaster.
- Butch Otter: American soldier and politician 32nd Governor of Idaho.
- Věra Čáslavská: Czech gymnast and coach.
- Vera Caslavska: Czech gymnast.
- World War II: Japanese naval troops invade Tulagi Island in the Solomon Islands during the first part of Operation Mo that results in the Battle of the Coral Sea between Japanese forces and forces from the United States and Australia.