Thursday 7 May 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 7, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Paul Alduy and Tony Auth.
Down Texas Way, directed by Howard Bretherton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 May 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1942 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
- Jean-Paul Alduy
- Tony Auth: American cartoonist, awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1976 for his editorial cartoons.
- Bob Weiss
- Ariel Dorfman: Novelist.
- Nicky Charisse: American noted family, the son of Cyd and Nico Charisse.
- Battle of Coral Sea ends stopping Japanese expansion
- Nazi decree orders all Jewish pregnant women of Kovno Ghetto executed
- (1135 hours) Torpedo planes from US carrier Yorktown put five torpedoes into Japanese carrier Shoho, sinking it.
- During the Battle of the Coral Sea, United States Navy aircraft carrier aircraft attack and sink the Japanese Imperial Navy light aircraft carrier Shoho. The battle marks the first time in the naval history that two enemy fleets fight without visual contact between warring ships.