Monday 22 November 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Tangled, directed by Nathan Greno, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Edwardian Farm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Clash of the Titans or Distant Worlds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 November 2010 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 November
- A stampede during Bon Om Thook (Khmer Water Festival) celebrations in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, kills 347.ref name=quotcnn25quot
- An army robot encounters water and breaks down 550 metres into the Pike River Mine in New Zealand where 29 miners are missing, but drilling of a shaft continues to allow air sampling. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- All 29 Chinese miners trapped in the flooded Batian mine in Sichuan Province are rescued. (''China Daily'')
- South Korean Defense Minister Kim Tae-Young says the country may consider redeploying U.S. tactical nuclear weapons after the announcement of a new nuclear uranium enrichment plant by North Korea. (''China Daily'')
- Israel's parliament passes a bill requiring a special parliamentary majority or a referendum before Israel could relinquish the Golan Heights or east Jerusalem for a peace deal. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Ten Somalis go on trial in Germany for attacking a German ship in the country's first pirate trial in 400 years. (Al Jazeera)
- Former Vice President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Jean-Pierre Bemba, goes on trial for crimes against humanity and war crimes at the International Criminal Court in The Hague. (CNN)
- Chinese authorities begin a search for a batch of melamine-tainted products in Hubei. (RTHK)
- A Washington D.C. jury convicts Ingmar Guandique of the murder of Chandra Levy. (''The Washington Post'')
- CBC News leaks a suggestion that Hezbollah may have been responsible for the murder of Rafik Hariri. (CBC)
- Irish financial crisis:
- Brian Cowen, the Taoiseach, states that he will call an early election once the Oireachtas passes an emergency budget to tackle the financial crisis. (''The New York Times'')
- Protesters, including TD Aengus Ó Snodaigh, gather in Dublin. Some enter Government Buildings. Protesters are struck with batons while trying to sit down. (''The Irish Times'')
- Former Nigerian Vice President Atiku Abubakar is chosen to challenge incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan for the ruling People's Democratic Party nomination in next year's presidential election. (AFP via Google News)
- The Burmese embassy in Bangkok, Thailand, grants Aung San Suu Kyi's younger son Kim Aris a visa to see her. (Sify India)
- Minoru Yanagida resigns as the Japanese Minister of Justice for joking about how easy his job was. (Japan Today)
- Canadian baseball player Joey Votto of the Cincinnati Reds wins Most Valuable Player of the National League in Major League Baseball in an almost unanimous vote. (Major League Baseball)
- Brad Childress is sacked as head coach of the Minnesota Vikings National Football League team. (AP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 November 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - Cottbus : 2 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Getafe - Zaragoza : 1 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Sunderland - Everton : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Novara - Reggina : 3 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?