Thursday 23 October 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 23, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include René Metge and Giancarlo Parretti.
How Green Was My Valley, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1941 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- René Metge
- Giancarlo Parretti
- Joseph DiMaggio: American noted family member, his parents are renowned baseball player Joe DiMaggio and his first wife, actress Dorothy Arnold.
- Max Apple: Writer.
- Igor Smirnov: Moldovan engineer and politician 1st President of Transnistria.
- Mel Winkler: American actor.
- Jean-Paul Demure: French writer, a novelist and screenwriter specializing in crime fiction.
- World War II: Field Marshal Georgy Zhukov takes command of Red Army operations to prevent the further advance into Russia of German forces and to prevent the Wehrmacht from capturing Moscow.
- RKO Radio Pictures releases Disney's animated feature film Dumbo to theaters in the USA.
- Walt Disney's animated film ''Dumbo'' is released.