Thursday 23 October 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include René Metge and Giancarlo Parretti.
How Green Was My Valley, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Keys of the Kingdom by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 October 1941 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- René Metge
- Giancarlo Parretti
- Jean-Paul Demure: French writer, a novelist and screenwriter specializing in crime fiction.
- Joseph DiMaggio: American noted family member, his parents are renowned baseball player Joe DiMaggio and his first wife, actress Dorothy Arnold.
- Mel Winkler: American actor.
- Igor Smirnov: Moldovan engineer and politician 1st President of Transnistria.
- World War II: Field Marshal Georgy Zhukov takes command of Red Army operations to prevent the further advance into Russia of German forces and to prevent the Wehrmacht from capturing Moscow.
- RKO Radio Pictures releases Disney's animated feature film Dumbo to theaters in the USA.
- Walt Disney's animated film ''Dumbo'' is released.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?