Monday April 23, 1906
US date format: 4/23/1906, UK date format: 23/4/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 23, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Hillaire and Maria Arnoldo [Adrianus Broeders].
The Last Witch, directed by John B. Dolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 23, 1906?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- See more
- In Tsarist Russia, the Fundamental Laws are announced at the first state Duma.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 23, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harry Tally - On an Automobile Afternoon
- Richard Jose - When You and I Were Young, Maggie
- Harry Macdonough - If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me
- Billy Murray - Just a Little rocking Chair and You
- Harry Macdonough - When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood