Monday 23 April 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 23, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Hillaire and Maria Arnoldo [Adrianus Broeders].
The Voice of Conscience, directed by Not Specified, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1906!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1906 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Marcel Hillaire: Cologne, Germany -- Actor (Adventures in Paradise).
- Maria Arnoldo [Adrianus Broeders]: Photographer / writer.
- Félix Paquet: French actor and singer, and the secretary of Maurice Chevalier.
- Felix Paquet: France Actor.
- In Tsarist Russia, the Fundamental Laws are announced at the first state Duma.
- May ndash Jack London's novel ''White Fang'' is serialized in ''The Outing Magazine''.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood - Harry Macdonough
- Just a Little rocking Chair and You - Billy Murray
- If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me - Harry Macdonough
- Richard Jose - When You and I Were Young, Maggie
- On an Automobile Afternoon - Harry Tally