Monday 23 July 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wolfgang Gentner and Clancy Cooper.
Waiting at the Church, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1906!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1906 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Clancy Cooper: Actress (Enchanted Forest, Girls in Chains).
- Wolfgang Gentner: German nuclear physicist.
- Chandrasekhar Azad: Indian nationalist (d. 1931).
- Vladimir Prelog: Croatian-Swiss chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1998).
- Chandra Azad: Indian activist (d. 1931).
- Pogroms against Jews in Oddessa
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1906 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- You Look Awful Good to Father - Billy Murray
- The Parson and the Turkey - Arthur Collins
- The Rosary - Alan Turner
- La Boheme - Raccantodi Radolfo (Rudolph's Recital, Act I - Enrico Caruso
- Out in an Automobile - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Dearie - George Alexander