Monday July 23, 1906
US date format: 7/23/1906, UK date format: 23/7/1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on July 23, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Wolfgang Gentner and Clancy Cooper.
Waiting at the Church, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 23, 1906?
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- See more
- Pogroms against Jews in Oddessa
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 23, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #6 songs in the USA
- George Alexander - Dearie
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Out in an Automobile
- Enrico Caruso - La Boheme - Raccantodi Radolfo (Rudolph's Recital, Act I
- Alan Turner - The Rosary
- Arthur Collins - The Parson and the Turkey
- Billy Murray - You Look Awful Good to Father