Thursday 23 August 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 23, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Le Guen and Cris Morena.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Bus Stop, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1956 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Francis Le Guen
- Cris Morena
- Skipp Sudduth: American actor and director.
- Gilles Jallet
- Valgerd Haugland: Norwegian educator and politician Norwegian Minister of Culture.
- David A Wolf: Indianapolis, Indiana -- MD / Astronaut (STS 58, sk: 89 / 91).
- Robert Manahan: American actor (d. 2000).
- Hans-Jurgen Salewski: German footballer.
- Valgerd Svarstad Haugland: Norwegian politician.
- Andreas Floer: German mathematician and academic (d. 1991).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?