Thursday 23 January 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nina Dumbadze and Hans Hass.
Don't Change Your Husband, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1919 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Nina Dumbadze: USSR -- Discus thrower (1952 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Hans Hass: Austrian-born diver, environmentalist and documentary producer, an expert on sharks.
- Jan Derksen: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Frances Bay: Canadian-American actress (d. 2011).
- Ernie Kovacs: comedian ( Show), dies in a car crash in West Los Angeles, California, at age 42.
- Bob Paisley: English soccer player / trainer / manager of FC Liverpool
- The Uprising of Khotin breaks out in Khotyn, Ukraine.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Rose of No Man's Land - Charles Hart & Elliot Shaw
- After You've Gone - Marion Harris
- Blue Bird - Elizabeth Spencer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?