Thursday 23 December 1920US date format: 12/23/1920, UK date format: 23/12/1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Beauregard and Pierre Alibert.
Outside the Law, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1920 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Georges Beauregard: French film producer and entrepreneur.
- Pierre Alibert: Gaillac-sur-Tarn Military man.
- Birger Malmsten: Swedish actor (d. 1991).
- Ireland divided into two parts, each with its own parliament.
- King George V signs Home Rule Act.
- The United Kingdom and France ratify the border between French-held Syria and British-held Palestine.