Monday 23 December 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helmut Schmidt Chancellor of Germany (SPD and Jose Greco.
The Heart of Humanity, directed by Allen Holubar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Dere Mable by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1918 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Helmut Schmidt Chancellor of Germany (SPD: 1974-82).
- Jose Greco: Italian-American dancer; born in Italy and raised in Brooklyn, NY, becoming one of the greatest Spanish dancers.
- Helmut Schmidt: German Social Democratic (SPD) politician who served as Chancellor of West Germany from 1974 to 1982.
- José Greco: Italian-American dancer and choreographer (d. 2000).
- Kumar Pallana: Indian-American actor (d. 2013).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- While You're Away (Pack Up Your Cares in a Bundle of Joy) - Peerless Quartet
- Cathedral Chimes - Prince's Orchestra
- New York Philharmonic Orchestra - Waltz of the Flowers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?