Monday 23 December 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helmut Schmidt and Jose Greco.
Little Orphant Annie, directed by Colin Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1918 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Helmut Schmidt: German Social Democratic (SPD) politician who served as Chancellor of West Germany from 1974 to 1982.
- Jose Greco: Italian-American dancer; born in Italy and raised in Brooklyn, NY, becoming one of the greatest Spanish dancers.
- William Kennedy: Writer.
- Helmut Schmidt Chancellor of Germany (SPD: 1974-82).
- José Greco: Italian-American dancer and choreographer (d. 2000).
- Kumar Pallana: Indian-American actor (d. 2013).