Monday 23 January 1928US date format: 1/23/1928, UK date format: 23/1/1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 23, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeanne Moreau and Françoise Dorin.
Bare Knees, directed by Erle C. Kenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1928 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Jeanne Moreau: French actress and director who has appeared in over 49 films.
- Françoise Dorin: French writer who wrote songs, theatre plays, musicals and novels.
- Jean Bertho: French actor, comedian.
- Franéoise Dorin: Paris 17éme Writer.
- Eugene Monti: Italy -- Bobsledder (1968 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Chico Carrasquel: Venezuelan baseball player and manager (d. 2005).
- Kees [Cornelis] Broekman: Dutch speed skater (1952 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Eugenio Monti
- Abenteuer of brave Soldier Schwejk premieres in Berlin