Monday 23 January 1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugene Monti and Kees [Cornelis] Broekman.
The Last Command, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1928 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Eugene Monti: Italy -- Bobsledder (1968 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Kees [Cornelis] Broekman: Dutch speed skater (1952 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Jean Bertho: French actor, comedian.
- Françoise Dorin: French writer who wrote songs, theatre plays, musicals and novels.
- Jeanne Moreau: French actress and director who has appeared in over 49 films.
- Eugenio Monti:
- Franéoise Dorin: Paris 17éme Writer
- Chico Carrasquel: Venezuelan baseball player and manager (d. 2005)
- Abenteuer of brave Soldier Schwejk premieres in Berlin
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?