Monday 21 August 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jackie DeShannon in Hazel and Perry Christie.
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1944 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Jackie DeShannon in Hazel: Kentucky, USA; singer ("What the World Needs Now").
- Perry Christie: Bahamian politician 3rd Prime Minister of the Bahamas.
- Jackie DeShannon: American singer-songwriter.
- Peter Weir: Sydney, NSW -- Director / writer (Witness, Dead poets Society).
- Germans storm up Hill 262 (Mont Ormel) Normandy
- US 12nd Army corp occupies Sens
- Dumbarton Oaks conference opens in Washington, DC; establishes United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?