Wednesday 23 July 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Essex and Régis Bulot.
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1947 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- David Essex: British musician, one of Britain's leading rock singers, a teen-age idol of the '70s and a virtual superstar 1973-1975.
- Régis Bulot
- John Hall (New York politician)
- Curt Weldon: Politician.
- Albert Brooks: Actor.
- Spencer Christian: Weatherman (Good Morning America).
- Gilles Duceppe: Politician.
- Torsten Palm: Swedish race car driver.
- Robin Simon: English historian critic and academic.
- Gardner Dozois: American science fiction writer and editor.
- Don Henley: Musician.
- Danny Glover: Actor.
- 1st (US Navy) air squadron of jets, Quonset Point, Rhode Island
- First (US Navy) air squadron of jets, Quonset Point, Rhode Island.