Sunday April 23, 1905
US date format: 4/23/1905, UK date format: 23/4/1905
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 23, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lord Carew .
Fireworks, directed by Katie Messer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 23, 1905?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- See more
- Lord Carew: Ireland -- Judge (dressage).
- Gedeon Ouimet: Quebec politician (Born 1823).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 23, 1905?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr (aka Irving Gillette) - In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree