Friday 23 March 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franco Battiato and Gérard Desarthe.
Strange Illusion, directed by Edgar G. Ulmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1945 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Franco Battiato: Italian singer, songwriter and filmmaker.
- Gérard Desarthe
- Eric De Vlaeminck
- Jackie Dewaele: Belgian radio host and television presenter, also known as Zaki.
- Martin Gillo: German-American social psychologist, business manager and politician (CDU): member of the Saxon parliament since 2009; National foreign commissioner since 2004; and Saxon State Minister for Economic Affairs and Labour, May 2002 to November 2004.
- Eric Roth: Writer.
- David Grisman: American mandolin player and composer (Even Dozen Jug Band Old and in the Way and David Grisman Quintet).
- Erick Vlaeminck: Belgium sport Champion.
- Daniel Boscher: French auctioneer.
- Erik De Vlaeminck: Belgian champion cyclist, noted family, brother of cyclist Roger de Vlaeminck.
- Tadamichi Kuribayashi: Commander of the Japanese garrison during Battle of Iwo Jima (Born 1891).
- British 7th Black Watch crosses the Rhine
- Largest operation in Pacific war, 1,500 US Navy ships bomb Okinawa.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (All of a Sudden) My Heart Sings - Johnnie Johnston
- Martha Tilton - I Should Care