Monday March 24, 1986
US date format: 3/24/1986, UK date format: 24/3/1986
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 24, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Val Chmerkovskiy and Lucie Lucas.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Rock Me Amadeus by Falco.
In UK Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Critters, directed by Stephen Herek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Seasons Of The Heart by Cynthia Freeman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magnus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Athena or GBA Championship Basketball: Two-on-Two.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 24, 1986?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- 58th Academy Awards - Out of Africa, William Hurt and G Page win
- NASA publishes Strategy for Safely Returning the Space Shuttle to Flight Status.
- Suriname army Captain Etienne Boerenveen arrested for cocaine smuggling.
- US and Libya clash in Gulf of Sidra.
- See more
- Sarah Cunningham: Actress (Nurse Andrews-Trapper John MD),...
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 24, 1986?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Cherrelle With Alexander O'Neal - Saturday Love
- New Edition - A Little Bit Of Love (Is All It Takes)
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- The Gap Band - Going In Circles
- Teddy Pendergrass - Love 4/2
- Rene & Angela - Your Smile
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Aretha Franklin - Another Night
- Eugene Wilde - Diana
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 24If March 24, 1986 is your birthday you're 34 years, 4 months, 12 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 19 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?