Tuesday 23 April 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 23, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Guillermo Cabrera Infante and Arnaud Chaffanjon.
The Black Watch, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1929 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Guillermo Cabrera Infante: Novelist.
- Arnaud Chaffanjon: Lestelle-Bétharram Journalist.
- George Steiner: French-American philosopher author and critic.
- Rudolf W Nilsen: Norwegian Poet (Hverdagen), dies at 28.