Sunday 23 March 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Rhoades and James Patterson.
Buck Privates Come Home, directed by Charles Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1947 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Barbara Rhoades
- James Patterson: Author.
- Barbara Rhodes in Poughkeepsie: New York, USA; actress (Don't Just Stand There).
- Elizabeth Scarborough: American author.
- Archduchess Luise of Austria: Princess of Tuscany (Born 1870).