Saturday 23 June 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 23, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sid Watters Jr .
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 June 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1917 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- 31st US Womens Tennis: Molla Mallory beat Marion Vanderhoef (46 60 62)
- Ammunition factory in Boleweg Bohemia explodes, killing 1,000
- In a game against the Washington Senators, Boston Red Sox pitcher Ernie Shore retires 26 batters in a row after replacing Babe Ruth, who had been ejected for punching the umpire.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Oh Johnny, Oh Johnny, Oh! - American Quartet
- From Here to Shanghai - Al Jolson
- Peerless Quartet - When the Sun Goes Down in Dixie (And the Moon Begins to Rise)
- Boy Scouts of America March - Victor Military Band