Thursday 23 May 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 23, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robson Papaleo and Francis Rocard.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
A Face in the Crowd, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Far, Far The Mountain Peak by John Masters was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 May 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1957 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Robson Papaleo
- Francis Rocard: French astrophysicist, responsible since 1989 for programs involving the exploration of the solar system at the National Centre for Space Studies (CNES).
- Lisa Murkowski: Politician.
- Mark Arnold: American actor.
- Craig Brown: English journalist and critic.
- Jimmy McShane: Irish frontman of the group Baltimora (Born 1957).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?