Tuesday October 23, 1956
US date format: 10/23/1956, UK date format: 23/10/1956
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 23, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Anthony Eden (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Dwight Yoakam and Darrell Pace.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Death of a Scoundrel, directed by Charles Martin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while An Historian'S Approach To Religion by Arnold Joseph Toynbee was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Give Us This Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 23, 1956?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- First video recording on magnetic tape televised in USA, coast-to-coast.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 23, 1956?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Doris Day - Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera)
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free