Tuesday 23 October 1956US date format: 10/23/1956, UK date format: 23/10/1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 23, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dwight Yoakam and Darrell Pace.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Death of a Scoundrel, directed by Charles Martin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Three Saints And A Sinner by Louise Hall Tharp was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1956 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Dwight Yoakam: American 6 ft.
- Betsy Nagelsen: St. Petersburg, Florida -- Tennis star.
- Darrell Pace: Cincinnati, Ohio -- Archer (1976, 84, 88...
- Xavier Fortin: French man known for having raised alone...
- Akie Asaka: Japanese comedian and actress.
- Dianne Reeves: American singer.
- First video recording on magnetic tape televised in USA, coast-to-coast.
- Revolt against Stalinist policies begins in Hungary.
- Thousands of Hungarians protest against the government and Soviet occupation. (The Hungarian Revolution is crushed on November 4).
- The Hungarian revolution breaks out against the pro-Soviet government. Hungary attempts to leave the Warsaw Pact.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?