Thursday 23 September 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Teenage Dream by Katy Perry.
Red, directed by Robert Schwentke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Way Of Kings by Brandon Sanderson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boardwalk Empire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ben 10: Alien Force-The Rise of Hex or Pac-Man Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 23 September 2010 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 September
- Video chain Blockbuster files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, with a plan to cut debt from near $1 billion down to $100 million, and giving a group of bondholders led by billionaire Carl Icahn and hedge funds a controlling stake in the company.
- War in Somalia:
- Somali journalists walk out of the GBC radio station seized by Islamist rebels after refusing to take orders. (AP)
- At least 21 people are killed and 70 injured in street battles in the capital Mogadishu. (Al Jazeera)
- Víctor Julio Suárez Rojas, the leader of the FARC guerrilla whose ''nom de guerre'' was ampquotMono Jojoyampquot, is killed in a military operation by Colombian Armed Forces. (BBC News)
- 2010 strikes in France: French trade unions launch a new round of strikes over plans by the President Nicolas Sarkozy to lift the pension age to 62, with transport services and schools to be badly affected. (France 24)
- At least six people die in a mine collapse in Kayanza Province, northern Burundi. (BBC)
- The death toll in China from Typhoon Fanapi reaches 54 with dozens more people missing. (''China Daily'')
- 2010 Atlantic hurricane season: Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the western Caribbean Sea with predictions that it could hit Central America on Friday or Saturday. (Reuters)
- Approximately 16,000 people have died in the United States between 2001 and 2007 due to people using cell phones while driving, according to a new report. (Reuters)
- Speeding train kills 7 elephants in Eastern India. (CBS)
- French authorities seek to make contact with Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb over the kidnapping of five French nationals and two others in Niger, now believed to have been taken to northern Mali. (Voice of America)
- Iran withdraws its bid for a seat on the International Atomic Energy Agency board due to lack of support for its candidacy. (AFP)
- The United States and other western nations including Britain, Sweden, Australia, Belgium, Uruguay and Spain walk out of the United Nations General Assembly following claims by the President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that the ampquotmajority of the American people as well as most nations and politicians around the worldampquot say that the 9/11 attacks were the work of the Government of the United States trying to protect Israel. (CNN)
- The President of the United States Barack Obama meets with the Premier of China Wen Jiabao, with the value of the renminbi the top issue for discussion. (Reuters)
- Chinese authorities investigate four Japanese employees of Fujita Corp., suspected of entering a military zone and illegally videotaping military targets in northern Hebei Province. (BBC)
- The U.S state of Virginia executes its first woman since 1912 Teresa Lewis will also be the first woman in the U.S to be executed since 2005. (Sky News)
- Pakistani scientist Aafia Siddiqui is sentenced to 86 years in jail in a New York federal court for trying to kill United States soldiers in Afghanistan. (Al Jazeera)
- North Korea reshuffles senior officials days ahead of a meeting of the Korean Workers' Party expected to lead to a transition of power from Kim Jong-il to his son Kim Jong-un. (''Korea Herald'')
- The election commission in Guinea proposes 10 October as a revised date for the presidential run-off election. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 September 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Juventus - Palermo : 1 - 3
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Getafe - Malaga : 0 - 2
- Sevilla - Santander : 1 - 1
- Villarreal - La Coruna : 1 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- AFC Wimbledon - Crawley Town : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Fancy - Drake Featuring T.I. & Swizz Beatz
- Love The Way You Lie - Eminem Featuring Rihanna
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
- Got Your Back - T.I. Featuring Keri Hilson
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- El Malo - Aventura
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- I Like It - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Pitbull
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Demand for Apple gadgets has created a system for buying iPhones in New York and reselling them in China. [..]
Songbird Estates, majority owner of Canary Wharf in London, booked a 6 percent rise in net asset value and proposed a fully underwritten, £140 million open offer of new ordinary shares. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.89
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $79.90
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.96
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $39.11
- 1 CHF = 6.8018 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4826 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9528 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.364 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?