Tuesday 23 November 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Tangled, directed by Nathan Greno, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while In The Company Of Others by Jan Karon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Edwardian Farm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Rock Shooter or Just Dance 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 23 November 2010 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 November
- The Bombardment of Yeonpyeong occurs on Yeonpyeong Island, South Korea. The North Korean artillery attack kills 2 civilians and 2 South Korean marines.
- Shelling of Yeonpyeong:
- The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta claims responsibility for the destruction of an oil pipeline feeding a refinery in the Niger Delta. (CNN)
- Clarence House confirms that Prince William and Catherine Middleton are to be married at Westminster Abbey on Friday 29 April 2011. (BBC)
- Qantas announces that its fleet of Airbus A380 superjumbos will start returning to service on Saturday. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A United States federal court jury decides that SAP AG must pay Oracle Corporation $1.3 billion for copyright infringement, the largest ever damages payment for copyright infringement. (Bloomberg)
- Cambodia declares a day of mourning for at least 378 people killed in a stampede in the capital Phnom Penh. (BBC)
- At least seven bodies are recovered following a mine collapse in Suriname. (''Jamaica Observer'')
- A Saudi woman accused of torturing her Indonesian maid is sent to jail while the maid is hospitalised, in a case that has caused tensions between the two countries. (AFP via Google News)
- The Gambia severs diplomatic and economic relations with Iran and orders Iranian government representatives to leave within 48 hours. The Gambia has given no reason for the move. (Reuters)
- India forms two new military divisions, comprised of more than 36,000 men, to be deployed in Arunachal Pradesh near the border with China. (BBC)
- Bangladesh sentences a further 23 soldiers from the Bangladesh Rifles to imprisonment over a mutiny in February 2009. (Xinhua)
- The Irish financial crisis:
- Brian Cowen, the Taoiseach, claims in Dáil Éireann that he is ampquotnot clinging to powerampquot. (RTÉ)
- One of Minister for Transport Noel Dempsey's many offices is targeted with graffiti. (RTÉ)
- Morgan C Jones, actor and satirist from Dublin, announces a ampquotyou're firedampquot protest against the government for Dáil Éireann on Thursday. (''The Irish Times'')
- The opposition Labour Party grants its leader Eamon Gilmore ampquota free hand to take any initiative he deems appropriate over the coming daysampquot. (RTÉ)
- A candidate in Thursday's by-election withdraws calling it a complete farce with a general election now due to occur in January. Some islands voted in the by-election yesterday. (RTÉ)
- Burmese pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi is reunited with her son for the first time in a decade. (Al Jazeera)
- King Abdullah II of Jordan commissions the Prime Minister Samir Rifai to form a new government following recent elections. (Bloomberg)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 November 2010
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- York - Southport : 2 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bournemouth - Yeovil : 2 - 0
- Carlisle - Rochdale : 1 - 1
- Charlton - Bristol Rvs : 1 - 1
- Colchester - Brentford : 0 - 2
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Barnet - Gillingham : 1 - 2
- Bradford - Accrington : 1 - 1
- Burton - Aldershot : 1 - 2
- Chesterfield - Oxford : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?