Thursday 23 September 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Clement and Walter Scott.
Thank Your Lucky Stars, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1943 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Bob Clement: (Rep-D-Tennessee).
- Walter Scott: Rock vocalist (Whispers).
- Guy Canivet: French judge, president of the Court of Cassation from 2005 and as such the highest judge in France.
- Gaby Dohm: Austrian actress on TV and in film.
- Julio Iglesias: Spanish singer, known as the master of the love song, the world's top selling living pop star, Iglesias has sold a Guinness record of 100 million albums worldwide.
- Antonio Tabucchi: Italian writer, the author of the best-seller "Sostiene Tereira," which was made into a movie with Marcello Mastroianni. An expert in Portuguese literature, he edited the Italian edition of the works of Pessoa, of whom he has written many essays. He has also translated the poetry of de Andrade. In 1987, he was given the French award of "Medicis Etranger."
- Tanuja : Indian actress
- Marty Schottenheimer: American football player and coach
- Elinor Glyn: British actress, a red-haired, globe-trotting socialite and a novelist from 1900.
- World War II: The so-called Salo Republic is born.
- WWII: The Republic of Salò is founded.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 September 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?