Wednesday 8 September 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adelaide C Eckardt and Christian .
Sahara, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while So Little Time by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1943 ?
- Adelaide C Eckardt: American politician.
- Christian : Italian singer of popular songs; married Dora Moroni 5/26/1987 a month after their son Alfredo was born.
- Sigrid Gebel: German model who met Gunther Gebel-Williams when he was with the Williams circus.
- Adelaide Eckardt: American academic and politician.
- Julius Fucik: Czech journalist (executed) (Born 1903).
- Gen Eisenhower announce unconditional surrender of Italy in WWII
- Italy surrenders to Allies in WWII
- Lieutenant General Bradley flies to Carthago / Algiers Sicily
- (1830 hours) On Algiers radio, US General Dwight Eisenhower announces the surrender of Italy. An hour later, Italian Premier Marshal Badoglio also announces the surrender.
- Czech resistance fighter Julius Fučík is executed by the Nazis.
- The first classes commence at Grace University.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?