Tuesday 21 September 1943US date format: 9/21/1943, UK date format: 21/9/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 21, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Loïk Le Floch-Prigent and Jerry Bruckheimer.
El ametralladora, directed by Aurelio Robles Castillo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1943 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Loïk Le Floch-Prigent: French engineer and business manager.
- Jerry Bruckheimer
- Dickey Lee [Dick Lipscomb]: Rocker.
- Bruce Bickner: American corporate development officer and CEO of Dekalb Energy, an oil and gas properties company.
- Ombretta Colli: Italian singer, actress and politician, who was president of the Province of Milan from June 1999 to June 2004.
- Arundel (Solomon Island) in US hands
- Lynch Triangle (Square) in Bronx named
- Russian 13th / 61st Army reconquer Chyernigov
- Soviet forces reach Dnjepr