Thursday 16 September 1943US date format: 9/16/1943, UK date format: 16/9/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Colas and Oskar Lafontaine.
The Adventures of Tartu, directed by Harold S. Bucquet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1943 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Alain Colas
- Oskar Lafontaine: German politician who served in the government of Germany as Minister of Finance from 1998 to 1999.
- Forrest Teague: American astrologer; taught at the Church of Light, Los Angeles, CA.
- David Wilshire: British MP (C).
- James McPherson: American author and academic.
- Soviet army under general Vatutin reconquer Romny
- WWII: The Salerno Mutiny occurs within the British X Corps.