Thursday 2 September 1943US date format: 9/2/1943, UK date format: 2/9/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edmond Alphandéry and José Alvaro Morais.
The Kansan, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1943 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Edmond Alphandéry
- José Alvaro Morais
- Edmond Alphandery: French politician and minister of Economy and Finance in 1993.
- Harolyn Nicholas: American noted family, the daughter of actress Dorothy Dandridge and Harold Nicholas, one of the finest dancers of the 20th century.
- John Wilson: American Numismatic Association President.
- Glen Sather: Canadian ice hockey player and executive.
- Joe Simon: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Rosalind Ashford: Detroit, Michigan -- Rock vocalist (Martha Reeve & Vandellas).
- Glenn Sather: NHL coach (Edmonton Oilers).