Tuesday 28 September 1943US date format: 9/28/1943, UK date format: 28/9/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 28, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gertrud "Traudl" Hecher and Randy Bachman.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 September 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1943 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Randy Bachman: Musician.
- Gertrud "Traudl" Hecher: Austria -- Downhill skier (1960 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- J T Walsh: Actor (Colonel Frank Bach-Dark Skies).
- Joel Higgins in Bloomington: Illinois, USA; actor (Salvage 1, Silver Spoons).
- Lou Piniella: Outfielder / manager (New York Yankees, Seattle Mariners).
- Mike Kreidler: (Rep-D-Washington).
- Nick St Nicholas: Hamburg, Germany -- Rock bassist (Steppenwolf).
- Susanne Jagd: Denmark -- Actress (Between the Sheets, Tinderbox).
- Warren Lieberfarb: American media executive.
- George Trow: American novelist playwright and critic (d. 2006).
- Nick Nicholas: German-Canadian bass player (Steppenwolf The Mynah Birds The Sparrows Blue Cheer and World Classic Rockers).
- Win Percy: English race car driver and manager.
- J Walsh: American actor (d. 1998).