Wednesday 29 September 1943US date format: 9/29/1943, UK date format: 29/9/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 29, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lech Walesa and Robert Nouzaret.
Lassie Come Home, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 September 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1943 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Lech Walesa: Polish union leader who led the Polish Solidarity Movement, a labor strike of 500 days of social revolution, in 1980.
- Robert Nouzaret
- Wolfgang Overath: German footballer.
- Peter Rigby: CEO (Specialist Computer Holdings).
- Gary Boyd Roberts: American genealogist.
- Lech Wa?esa: President of Poland, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- J. T. Walsh: Actor.
- Gary Roberts: American genealogist and author.
- Lech Wałęsa: Polish electrician and politician 2nd President of Poland Nobel Prize laureate.
- Mohammad Khatami: Iranian scholar and politician 5th President of Iran.
- George W. S. Trow: Novelist.
- Manuel Fernandez: Rocker.
- 1st Silbertanne-murder by German occupiers in Meppel
- Eisenhower and Italian Marshal Pietro Badoglio sign an armistice
- German riots at Amsterdam Jews
- Zjadovs 5th Gardeleger / Managarovs 53rd Army reconquer Kremenchug
- US General Dwight Eisenhower and Italian Marshal Pietro Badoglio sign an armistice.
- World War II: U.S. General Dwight D. Eisenhower and Italian Marshal Pietro Badoglio sign an armistice aboard the Royal Navy battleship HMS Nelson off Malta.