Wednesday 1 September 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pat Connolly-Daniels-Winslow-Banks and Bernard Sainz.
Sahara, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1943 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Pat Connolly-Daniels-Winslow-Banks: US pentathlete (1968 Olympics - 7th Place).
- Bernard Sainz: French medical practitioner, a.k.
- Geof Hewitt: Glen Ridge Writer.
- Don Stroud: American actor and surfer.
- Charles Atangana: Cameroonian chief (Born 1880).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?