Wednesday 1 September 1943US date format: 9/1/1943, UK date format: 1/9/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geof Hewitt and Pat Connolly-Daniels-Winslow-Banks.
The Kansan, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1943 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Geof Hewitt: Glen Ridge Writer.
- Pat Connolly-Daniels-Winslow-Banks: US pentathlete (1968 Olympics - 7th Place).
- Bernard Sainz: French medical practitioner, a.k.
- Don Stroud: American actor and surfer.
- Charles Atangana: Cameroonian chief (Born 1880).