Tuesday 14 September 1943US date format: 9/14/1943, UK date format: 14/9/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 14, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Lincoln Davis and Jean-Jacques Aubert.
Thank Your Lucky Stars, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1943 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Lincoln Davis: Politician.
- Jean-Jacques Aubert: French physicist, appointed in 2000 to...
- Irwin Goodman: Finnish pop singer, married 3 times.
- Marcos Valle: Brazilian singer-songwriter pianist and...
- Comedians Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara marries
- Yanks clinch pennant #14