Monday 24 December 1928, Christmas Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 24, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anver Joffrey and Lev Vlassenko.
The Spieler, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 December 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1928 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
- Anver Joffrey: American dancer and choreographer who held dance as his dream from the age of seven when he saw Astaire and Kelly movies.
- Lev Vlassenko: Georgian-Australian pianist and educator (d. 1996).
- George Abbott Theater (Adelphi, 54 St) opens at 152 W 54th St, New York City
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sweethearts On Parade - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Ted Weems & His Orchestra - You're the Cream in My Coffee