Sunday 24 June 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Beyer and Michael Cheever.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to My Love by Paul McCartney.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Matlock Paper by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 June 1973 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Alexander Beyer: German actor.
- Michael Cheever: Corner (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Alexis Gauthier: French chef.
- Jere Lehtinen: Espoo, Finland -- NHL right wing (Dallas Stars, Olympics - Bronze - 1998).
- Mary Carr: Actress (Forbidden Trail, 2nd Wife), dies at 99.
- Marlene Raymond (age 15), limboes under a flaming bar at 6.125 inches.
- Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev addresses the American people on television, the first to do so.
- Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe (CSCE)
- Erskine Hamilton Childers is elected the 4th President of Ireland.
- Watergate scandal: Former White House counsel John Dean begins his testimony before the Senate Watergate Committee.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Elton John - Daniel
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?