Saturday 24 April 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 24, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Captain Sensible and Captain Sensible [Raymond Burns] in Balham.
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Arrow in the Dust, directed by Lesley Selander, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Seven Years In Tibet by Heinrich Harrer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lone Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 April 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1954 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Captain Sensible
- Captain Sensible [Raymond Burns] in Balham: London, England; rocker ("Women and Captains First").
- Mumia Abu-Jamal: American journalist on Pennsylvania's death-row in prison, 2001, who claims to have been falsely convicted of shooting and killing police officer Faulkner on 12/09/1981, 3:52 AM, Philadelphia.
- Michael Moore: Activist.
- Jack Blades: American bass player and songwriter (Night Ranger Rubicon Damn Yankees and Tak Matsumoto Group).
- Sensible: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Damned and Dead Men Walking).
- Ray Burns: British musician and comedian known as the zany "Captain Sensible.
- 1st American, civilian pilot, P.R. Holden, wounded in Indochina
- Australia and the USSR break diplomatic relations
- WSEE TV channel 35 in Erie, PA (CBS) begins broadcasting
- First American, civilian pilot, P R Holden, wounded in Indochina.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jilted - Teresa Brewer
- If You Love Me (Really Love Me) - Kay Starr
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?