Sunday 24 October 1915
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Vallerand and Tito Gobbi.
Carmen, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1915 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Jean Vallerand: Composer.
- Tito Gobbi: Italian baritone (Figaro-Barber of Seville).
- Hermann Sporner: German pro astrologer of the Uranian discipline, an author and founder of the Hamburg school.
- Bob Kane: comic artist and Batman co-creator (Born 1915).
- Marghanita Laski: British journalist and novelist (d. 1988).
- Roger Milliken: American businessman (d. 2010)
- Desire Charnay: French archaeologist (Born 1828).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Serenata - John McCormack
- Those Charlie Chaplin Feet - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?