Wednesday 6 October 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry van Doorn [Henri W] and Edgardo Martin.
Merely Players, directed by Brian Follmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1915 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Edgardo Martin: Composer.
- Harry van Doorn [Henri W]: CRM Minister / Dutch politician (KVP / PPR).
- Carolyn Goodman: American psychologist and civil rights activist (d. 2007).
- Humberto Medeiros: Portuguese-American cardinal (d. 1983).
- Alice Timander: Swedish dentist and actress (d. 2007).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Long, Long Trail - Charles Harrison
- Hello, Frisco! - Elida Morris & Sam Ash