Wednesday 6 October 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry van Doorn [Henri W] and Edgardo Martin.
The Coward, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1915 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Edgardo Martin: Composer.
- Harry van Doorn [Henri W]: CRM Minister / Dutch politician (KVP / PPR).
- Carolyn Goodman: American psychologist and civil rights activist (d. 2007).
- Humberto Medeiros: Portuguese-American cardinal (d. 1983).
- Alice Timander: Swedish dentist and actress (d. 2007).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - When It's Peach Picking Time in Delaware
- War Talk at Pun'kin Center - Cal Stewart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?