Thursday 28 October 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dody Goodman and Richard Michael Fraser.
Merely Players, directed by Brian Follmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1915 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Dody Goodman: Columbus, Ohio -- Comedienne (Mary Hartman!, Max Duggan).
- Richard Michael Fraser: Political Administrator.
- Richard Strauss conducts the first performance of his tone poem Eine Alpensinfonie in Berlin.
- The St. Johns School Fire in Peabody, Massachusetts kills twenty-one girls between the ages of 7 and 17.
- November ndash Sykes-Picot Agreement: The governments of Britain and France secretly agree to overtake the Middle-Eastern regions of the Ottoman Empire (mostly Syria and Iraq), and establish their own zones of influence.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Silver Threads Among the Gold - Charles Adams
- I'm Neutral - Bert Williams