Wednesday 27 October 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luis Miro Quesada Garland and Harry Saltzman.
The Crimson Wing, directed by E.H. Calvert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 27 October 1915 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
- Luis Miro Quesada Garland: Outstanding Peruvian journalist, teacher, lawyer and managing director of the newspaper El Comercio of Lima until his death, left his legacy as an important journalistic prose.
- Harry Saltzman: Canadian-French production manager and producer (d. 1994).
- William Morris Hughes becomes the 7th Prime Minister of Australia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Serenata - John McCormack
- Those Charlie Chaplin Feet - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?