Tuesday 12 October 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Man Who Couldn't Beat God, directed by Maurice Costello, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while K Mary by Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1915 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 October
- Ford Motor Company manufactures its 1 millionth Model T automobile
- Theodore Roosevelt criticizes US citzens who identify themselves, with dual nationalities
- World War I: British nurse Edith Cavell is executed by a German firing squad for helping Allied soldiers escape from Belgium
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- There's a Long, Long Trail - Charles Harrison
- Hello, Frisco! - Elida Morris & Sam Ash
- Cal Stewart - Uncle Josh in a Barber Shop
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?