Tuesday 19 October 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 19, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gabrielle Devries and John Shepperd.
Merely Players, directed by Brian Follmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 October 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1915 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Gabrielle Devries
- Mentz Schulerud: Norwegian author, radio personality, and theatre director.
- John Shepperd: American lawyer, businessman, and politician who served as the Secretary of State (1950-1952) and Attorney General (1953–1957) for the U.S.
- Wilhelm Schluter: Germany Military man.
- Farid al-Atrash: Syrian-Egyptian singer-songwriter oud player and actor (d. 1974).
- Russia / Italy declares war on Bulgaria
- Mexican Revolution: The U.S. recognizes the Mexican government of Venustiano Carranza ''de facto'' (not ''de jure'' until 1917).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Serenata - John McCormack
- Those Charlie Chaplin Feet - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan