Tuesday 19 October 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gabrielle Devries and Mentz Schulerud.
The Man Who Couldn't Beat God, directed by Maurice Costello, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while A Far Country by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1915!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1915 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Gabrielle Devries
- Mentz Schulerud: Norwegian author, radio personality, and theatre director.
- John Shepperd: American lawyer, businessman, and politician who served as the Secretary of State (1950-1952) and Attorney General (1953–1957) for the U.S.
- Wilhelm Schluter: Germany Military man.
- Farid al-Atrash: Syrian-Egyptian singer-songwriter oud player and actor (d. 1974).
- Russia / Italy declares war on Bulgaria
- Mexican Revolution: The U.S. recognizes the Mexican government of Venustiano Carranza ''de facto'' (not ''de jure'' until 1917).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Just Try to Picture Me Down Home in Tennessee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Mother Machree - Taylor Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?