Sunday 24 September 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cornell MacNeil and David Lane.
Lorna Doone, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Gentle Julia by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1922!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1922 ?
- Cornell MacNeil: American singer and opera star, he made his operatic debut in the world premiere of Menotti's "The Consul" in 1950.
- David Lane: CEO (Commission for Racial Equality).
- Joseph Rouffanche: France Writer.
- Cornell Mac: Minneapolis artists.
- Ettore Bastianini: Italian actor and singer (d. 1967).
- Bert Gordon: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Theresa Merritt: American actress and singer (d. 1998).
- John Moffatt: English actor and playwright (d. 2012).
- Neurenberg fusion Congress USDP-SPD; picks Karl Kautsky
- Roger Hornsby sets the National League home run mark at 42.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Just Wild About Harry - Vaughn De Leath
- Sunshine Alley - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Hot Lips - Cotton Pickers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?